Does the Winter Even Exist Anymore?

It's undeniable that winter is not as "wintery" as it used to be. We are now almost half way into February and I still haven't seen a single snow flake! Of course there are some exceptions. I remember two years ago there were two or three weeks of really low temperatures, like minus twenty degrees. It was so freezing that the lake that's in the forest near my house was covered with really thic ice and we skated on it! So I think it's safe to say that we still can have some real winter weather during the winter, just as it's supposed to be.

On the other hand however, my Mom says she remembers one winter, about thirty years ago, when in  February the temperature was over twenty degrees. She says she remembers it very vividly because it was the day when some friends from Germany arrived to my grandparents' house to pay them a visit, and my Mom went outside to greet them. And although she was only wearing a shirt she didn't feel cold! So it seems like also in the past winter wasn't always what people expected it to be. 

I still hope I will be able to experience some snow and frost this winter. I mean, judging from some past years we can expect a snow storm around Easter, right? Or even during the holidays at the beginning of May as it happened a few years ago. I just recommend you to be prepared for any circumstances at any time because in our crazy world we can never really predict what's gonna happen with the weather. 

This post is so strange and random but I'm still posting it, so - ejnoy!

My twin sister and I enjoying a real winter some fifteen years ago.

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

The Dark World of Harlan Coben

My Place On Earth

My Favourite Scents