Get Higher!

So, in today's post I'm gonna brag a little bit. It's just a fair warning from me so that you won't be unpleasently surprised later. But in my opinion, if you achieved something that you consider a big deal, something you'd been dreaming of for a long time, there's no reason not to brag about it. But let's get to the point, shall we?

I just love the mountains. Breathtaking views, unpredictable weather, fresh air, the abundance of wildlife and the feeling of being closer to the sun. I even love being out of breath while climbing because then the first breath you take after finally reaching the top cannot be compared to anything else.

When it comes to picking the place to go to for summer vacation, my first choice are always the Tatras. I don't care how many times I've been there already. I can't imagine not going there at least once a year. Apart from the beautiful nature you encounter in this region, I'm also very fond of the culture of the Polish highlanders: their traditional costumes, their hard work breeding and grazing sheep, their simple yet meaningful life and, most importantly, delicious traditional cheese made of sheep milk called "oscypek":)

And this way we got to the bragging part that I mentioned in the beginning. Every time I visited Tatras my mountain-climbing ambitions were getting higher and I wanted to try and reach higher and higher summits. In fact, last year I managed to climb the highest peak of the Polish Tatras - Rysy. I had to get up at 3 a.m. that day and after all I was exhausted but the feeling of victory was totally worth it! But I didn't stop there. This past summer I took on a challenge of going through the trail that is said to be the most dangerous in the Polish part of the Tatras: Orla Perć. To be honest, I only went through a half of it and it was the easier half, but still, I'm really proud of myself.
The truth is it's not the view from the top of Rysy nor from Orla Perć but the Tatras are equally beautiful everywhere.



Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

The Dark World of Harlan Coben

My Place On Earth

My Favourite Scents