Be Active on Your Own Terms

I'm sure you all also noticed that being fit and having an active lifestyle is getting ever-more fashionable and trendy. I think, in general it's a great trend but sometimes people exagerate when it comes to being physically active. 

Crowded public gyms and city parks packed up with people who made everyday jogging their New Year's resolution - those are two activities I will never understand. Firts of all I don't really enjoy being watched by strangers when I excersice. I prefer staying at home and not stressing about how ridiculously I look in my "gym outfit". Besides, this option is way more affordable! 

And when it comes to jogging - I will never get it. Just running around with no specific place to get to, and you get all sweaty and just exhausted - where's the fun in that?!

Now you're probably asking yourself what do I do then to stay fit because in the begginig I said that I generally love the idea of being active. Well, I don't know if you realize but there's a whole lot of alternatives to lifting wights at the gym or jogging😉. For example I just love cycling! Living in the countryside I have a great opportunity to explore the beautiful nature that surrounds me, so I get on my bike and go to the woods or to visit the lake nearby. Cycling is definitely not as tiring as jogging and you can cover longer distances in less time without getting out of breath.

Another one of my favorite activities is dancing. I know people who think it's not a real sport but they couldn't be more mistaken. It ingages pretty much all of your muscles and you need to be in really good shape to be able to dance intensively for a long time. The great think about dancing is obviously the fact that yo're moving to and with the music and it's just so much fun!

But what if you don't like cycling nor dancing? I have some good news fo you. Going for a walk is being physically active, too! When it's too cold for riding a bike or you don't feel like dancing, walking is a great alternative. But I do it even when it's warm and sunny because sometimes I just want to spend some time with myself and think about what's going on in my life at the moment, and walking slowly helps me collect my thoughts and calm down. 

I hope with today's post I convinced you that being active doesn't have to be physically exhausting and that everyone can find some activity perfectly suitable for them😊.

My favorite cute little blue bike that I really miss during this winter season here in Poznań.

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

The Dark World of Harlan Coben

My Place On Earth

My Favourite Scents