My Guilty Pleasure Number One

Let's face it: we all have our guilty pleasures. Wether it's listening to Tylor Swift's You Belong with Me or watching some oddly satisfying videos of people picking pimples on YouTube. Today I'm gonna oficially embarass myself in front of you and tell you about my number one guilty pleasure which is Riverdale

It's a teen drama that I started watching almost four years ago. I have to admit that the first season was really amazing. I was immediately sucked into this world of a small american town. The storyline was credible and coherent, the characters were well introduced and multidimensional. The soundtrack was also really cool. And apart from all that, the Riverdale cast is just beautiful and I enjoy watching pretty people so for me it was pure pleasure.

But then something went terribly, terribly wrong. Right from the beginning of season 2 I felt like it wasn't the same show anymore. They started to throw in a bunch of new characters but none of them was truly likeable, they just kept appearing and then vanishing after a just a few episodes. The plot wasn't that engaging anymore, either.

But despite all that I kept watching it. It was literally painful at times but I didn't give up for two reasons:
1) I am still very sentimental about season one; it was honestly one of the best shows I've ever seen. So I kept hoping some of that amazing vibe would eventually reappear on the screen.
2) Ever since I've seen the pilot I've wanted Betty and Archie (two of the main charcters) to be together. They've been each other's best friends since their childhood years, and they've always had feelings for each other.

I've literally waited for years (4 seasons!) for it to happen and... guess what! It happened! The latest episode aired two days ago and Betty and Archie shared a romantic moment together. They even kissed! I couldn't be happier and more excited for them!

Trust me, I realize I sound like a 15-year-old fangirl but honestly I don't care. And please stop kidding yourself: you also have your own guilty pleasures, we all do. I dare you to share yours in the comments. Don't be ashamed! Own it! I promise I'll be the last one to judge you :)

Aren't they all pretty?
source: Google Images





Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

The Dark World of Harlan Coben

My Place On Earth

My Favourite Scents