Random Quarantine Thoughts

I like putting my make-up on. I really do. Just the process itself gives me joy. But I have to admit it's been really freeing not to do it for over a month now of staying in quarantine. Don't get me wrong: during "normal" times I also somedays choose to go out without any make-up on because it just feels better for me at the moment. Although there was a time in high school when I would never even go to the nearest shop without having done my make-up before, right now I don't consider myself a make-up addict.

But on the other hand, even if we treat make-up only as a nice but unnecessary addition to our ever-day life, it's always some kind of a mask. Now, when I'm at home 24/7 with my parents and siblings I feel no need at all to use make-up products. I think it's probably because they all have know me forever and I don't need to hide anything from them. It got me thinking that maybe I don't put my make-up on exclusively for myself after all. Maybe I unconciously feel the need to cover some things about myself from the eyes of the world?

I haven't been able to reach a solid conclusion on this topic yet, but honestly, this quarantine makes me think about things I wouldn't think about under different circumstances and in my opinion it is a good thing. It's always refreshing to see things from a different perspective. Does the lock-down have the same impact on you? Makes you reflect on your life a little bit more?

Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

The Dark World of Harlan Coben

My Place On Earth

My Favourite Scents