My Favourite Places in Wrocław

I believe that everyone has "their" city. Even if they've  never actually lived in one but were born and raised in the countryside, they always have a city where they go to cinema at the weekends or where they go to get a new passport at the administrative office. It's usually the nearest city to where they live.

For me that city is for sure Wrocław. And although I'm a country girl all the way, I truly love this town. I went to school there for many years, my grandma lives there, I met tons of great people in this city. Today I'd like to tell you about some of my favourite places in Wrocław.
Without further ado, let's get started!

Cherubinowy Wędrowiec café. Isn't that name amazing? It sounds so unique and romantic! It's my number one go-to place when I want to meet up with my girlfriends for a cup of coffee and a nice chat. They also have delicious cakes there! I'm always struggling to pick just one that I'd like to eat. The café is situated in the Ossolineum Garden, so even though it's in the very center of the city, it's quiet and peaceful. 

source: Google Images

Another place in Wrocław that I really love is DCF aka Dolnośląskie Centrum Filmowe. It's a studio cinema in one of the old tenement houses near Kościuszko Square. What I enjoy the most about this place is the fact that it's not a big multiplex cinema inside an even bigger shopping mal. I love the cozy atmosphere and the old-fashined charm that surround me whenever I go to see a movie there.

source: Google Images

The last, but definitely not least, place that I'd like to tell you about today is Ostrów Tumski. It can be translated in English as "the Cathedral Island". It's probabily the oldest part of the city, the medieval cradle of Wrocław. And you can really feel it there. There's something magical about that place. Every evening, when the darkness is falling on the city, a gentleman in a black cloak and a top hat walks through Ostrów Tumski, from one street lantern to another and lights them all manually, one by one. If you're lucky enough to see the whole process, you can really feel as if you had travelled back in time.

source: Google Images

If you will ever have a chance to spend some time in the city of Wrocław, make sure to visit all those places - they're really worth it!








Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

The Dark World of Harlan Coben

My Place On Earth

My Favourite Scents