I've Seen a Terrific Series Recently

I really like watching tv series. I particulary enjoy binge-watching them because I feel like I'm able to connect and identify with the characters on a deeper level when I get to know their whole story at once, rather than watching only one episode every week. 

For a long time this kind of tv productions was very much underestimated. Series were considered inferior to full-length movies screened in movie theatres. But let's face the facts: even only one season of a tv series is a lot longer than an average movie. And having this additional time, the creators of the show are able to develop the characters in a much more complex way and to present their story to the audience from many diffrent points of view.

That's why I love watching good series and today I will tell you a little bit about one of them that I've recently seen. 

It's called The Chosen and it's a series that talks about the life of...Jesus! I know, you probably think that there have already been made countless productions portraying His life but this one is really exceptional. The creators of the show decided that their mission would be to remind the viewers about the humanity of the Son of God. We, as christians, tend to forget that apart from being fully God, He's also fully human. Of course, some of the most important scenes of the show are those in which Jesus performs miracles and teaches the crowd. But they are intertwined with the scenes of Him joking around with the Disciples or playing and laughing with children.

Another unconventional idea that I really liked is the portrayal of Matthew the Apostle. In the show he is a very young man with a psychological condition, known nowadays as Asperger syndrome, who's really good with the numbers and that's why he became a tax-collector.

I think that all those aspects make The Chosen really refreshing and close to contemporary audience, even though the events that it presents took place over 2000 years ago.

When it comes to technical aspects the show is very well filmed, the landscapes are beautiful and the overall quality is truly very high. In terms of acting I'm still a little bit speechless. Before I had seen the show I didn't know any of the actors but they are all just brilliant! And Jonathan Roumie is officialy my favourite Jesus in the history of cinematography. He made me both laugh and cry throughout the season. Oh! I haven't mentioned yet that so far only one season of The Chosen has been released but the plans are to make at least seven or eight seasons. I can't wait!

If you want to watch The Chosen it's completely free. You just need to download The Chosen app and you can watch the whole season at one time. If you want to, you can also donate some money to help create the next seasons because the show is totally crowdfunded.

The fantastic Jonathan Roumie as Jesus of Nazareth
Source: Google images


Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

The Dark World of Harlan Coben

My Place On Earth

My Favourite Scents