Be Grateful!

I heard about the benefits of practicing gratitude already a while ago, but I think it has even more importance now, during the hard times that we live in. 

I feel like I've always had this natural tendency to be grateful. I am a person who finds great joy in really small things, like beautiful colours of the sky or a chocolate ice-cream. And so I was very pleasantly surprised when I saw an interview with a psychologist who said that gratitude not only improves are mental well-being, but also has a major impact on our physical health. It's been proved, for example that people who intentionally look for things they can be greatful for, age better and they have significantly less wrinkles than others.

Until now I've been practicing my gratitude almost unconciously, without actually thinking about it. But now I've decided I should be more intentional. I've downloaded an app called Presently that is basically a diary of gratitude. Every evening it reminds you to write down things that happened during the day that you feel grateful for. Of course, you can also use a traditional notebook!

I think that espacially now, with the coronavirus spreading all over the world, it's crucial to be able to find things that bring you joy. For me it's being home together with my family, drinking a delicious and healthy smoothie that my mom prepared for us, or playing badminton outside with my little sister.

I really encourage you to practice your gratitude daily because it can help you go through these dark times with a smile on your face :).






Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

The Dark World of Harlan Coben

My Place On Earth

My Favourite Scents