Let It Snow! (March Edition)

Today I'm gonna talk about...weather! Again! Yaaaay! Seems to be my favourite topic, deosn't it? I know I'm getting really boring with it but I simply have to tell you about this morning. I woke up at about 7 a. m. and saw a message from my friend saying something about winter coming in the spring time. I immediately jumped out of bed, ran to the window, pulled the curtins back and...it was all white! For the first time this year (it's March 31st today) we saw real snow here! And a lot of it!

Every time when it's snowing for the first time in a year, I'm a little kid again and I get really excited. Instead of eating breakfast first thing after getting up, as I always do, I grabbed my camera and went outside to capture this beautiful but supposedly fleeting moment. 

I felt as if I had been magically transported to Narnia in the era of the White Witch. I was taking photos like crazy. Then, when my little sister finally woke up we were able to build a snowman and throw some snow balls before it all melted down. But I'm grateful even for that brief moment of joy and fun in the snow. Yet another thing that made the quarantinne time a little bit brighter for me. 

To be honest, I shouldn't be that surprised. Snow in March is not uncommon here, in Poland. We even have this saying: "W marcu jak w garncu" which basically means that in March you may expect all sorts of meteorological phenomena. The thing is, once you've already had a couple of weeks of warm, spring-like weather, it comes as a bit of shock to wake up to the world covered in snow. But for me it was a pleasent surprise :)

Enough talking! Let me show you some of the photos I took today.






Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

The Dark World of Harlan Coben

My Place On Earth

My Favourite Scents