What Am I Doing for Lent this Year?

You may or may not know this, but we're already over a week into Lent. I wrote here before that for me the best time to make resolutions is usually the early fall season. However, Lent is also a time when I feel the urge to make my life better, even in the slightest bit. 

Of course it's never easy. I've failed many times and for sure will fail again in keeping my Lent resolutions. But it's really encouraging to know that a lot of other people are in it with me. It's also really important not to give up when you fall down, but to start all over again.

Despite my previous failures though, I have to say, this year I've been doing pretty well so far. I decided not to take up a milion challenges at one time but instead to focus on one, specific thing. 

Knowing that I spend way too much time on my phone, I didn't just throw it away at once because it was obvious that I would have picked it up again in no time. Instead, I decided to get rid of one of the apps that were the most time-consuming for me. And by "get rid of" I mean delete it from my phone completely because otherwise I knew I would have clicked on it automatically. The app that I chose was instagram. 

It was hard at first because until that moment I would post stories almost every other day. But now, after over a week of being instagram-free, I can speak from experience and say that life without it is not as miserable as it sometimes may appear to be. 

Instead of scrolling for hours now I've gained a little extra time to read, sleep or to post something on my blog:).

I'm not saying instagram is evil. I think you can find a lot of interesting and valuable accounts on it but you need to use it wisely (which applies to almost everything in life). 

I hope after this Lent I will be able to come back to instagram, take what's good about it and not waste my time scrolling through it constantly. Maybe you should try it to?

Take care and see you next time!


Komentarze

Popularne posty z tego bloga

The Dark World of Harlan Coben

My Place On Earth

My Favourite Scents